Toro 42" TimeCutter® SS4225 (CARB) (74706)
Featuring Smart Speed® Control System
This Toro TimeCutter SS4225 zero turn riding mower is powered by a 18 hp Kawasaki V-Twin 603cc engine (CARB compliant). It features a 42", 4" deep, high capacity, 13 gauge steel mowing deck with convenient washout port and 3 gallon gas tank.
- 18 hp Kawasaki V-Twin 603cc engine (CARB compliant)
- 42 in (107 cm) Mowing Deck is perfect for mowing in tight areas with many trees and landscaping
- Smart Speed® Control System has three ground speed ranges (Trim, Tow, and Mow) giving you greater control of speed and maneuverability for cutting grass and pulling attachments
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations
- Improved Cutting Quality: Redesigned deck and cutting system for the ultimate quality of cut in diverse conditions. Spreads grass up to 80% farther* for a better quality cut at a faster speed.*Results may vary based on grass conditions.
- Easy Switch To Mulching: Switch from side-discharge to mulching in minutes. The redesigned cutting deck and Recycler mulch kit make mowing in diverse conditions easier and faster.
- Better Productivity: The new bagging attachment has 29% better bag fill*, which means less stops to empty the bags.*Bag fill based on weight measured during a comparison test. Actual results likely to vary with conditions.
- Heavy Duty 10 Gauge Unibody Steel Frame: The lower the gauge, the thicker the metal. That is why we use heavy duty 10 gauge steel. The unibody steel frame provides the optimal balance in rigidity and flexibility for quick, highly maneuverable mowing conditions.
- Smart Speed® Control - Trim, Tow, Mow: Toro's Smart Speed® control system lets you choose from three ground speed ranges for optimal performance. Use low TRIM range to trim closer for maximum time savings, choose medium TOW range for towing attachments, or select high MOW range to mow large open areas and finish quickly.
- 3-Gallon (11.4 Liter) Fuel Capacity: All TimeCutter riding mowers feature a large 3-gallon (11.4 Liter) fuel tank for more mowing with fewer fill-ups. Knowing when to fill up is simple thanks to the translucent tank, which also helps to prevent overfilling.
- Save on Average 45% of your MowingTime: The Toro TimeCutter cuts your mowing time almost in half*, which means less work for you and your mower. You'll not only have more time to enjoy, you'll extend the working life of your mower. *Time savings by yard size are from 2008 - 2012 survey results for Toro residential zero-turn mowers, as reported by owners.
- Automatic Parking Brake: Automatically engaged when the control arms are moved outward. Simplifies operation by eliminating a separate parking brake.
- Hitch Kit Standard: Hitch kit comes standard on all TimeCutter models. It's easy to increase the versatility of your zero turn mower by attaching a dump cart, de-thatcher, fertilizer spreader or other Brinly-Hardy attachments. (Attachments sold separately.)
- Heavy Duty Rear Engine Guard: This heavy duty steel guard protects the engine from branches and debris as you nimbly maneuver around your lawn.
- Dual Hydrostatic Drive System: Independent hydrostatic drive systems provide responsive maneuverability and zero turning capabilities. These independent drives are anchored to Toro's unibody frame and reinforced with a cross member for lasting durability and performance.
- Washout Ports: Deck washout ports (1 on the 32" (81 cm) and 42" (106.7 cm) decks, 2 on the 50" (127 cm) decks) create a pressure washer under your deck providing quick cleaning, maintaining optimum airflow for optimum cutting performance. 50" (127 cm) deck is pictured.
- Non-Slip, Easy-to-Clean Floor Pan: The pierced floor pan is perfect for homeowners who like their mower to look as nice as their lawn. Simply hose down the floor pan after each use and keep your TimeCutter looking as good as new. The non-slip pierced extrusions also provide an additional measure of safety.
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations: Product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years without an hour limitation. See owner's manual for complete warranty details.
- Engine: 18 hp Kawasaki V-Twin 603cc engine (CARB compliant)
- Fuel Capacity: 3 gal / 11.4 L
- Cutting Width: 42" / 107 cm - 13 ga. 2 blades
- Blade Tip Speed: 17,810 ft/min
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Engine Displacement: 603cc
- Ground Speed: Mow(F/R) 11.3 km/h / 4.8 km/h, Tow(F/R) 8.8 km/h / 3.8 km/h, Trim (F/R) 6.4 km/h / 2.7 km/h
- Height: 37.3" / 94.7 cm
- Height of Cut: 1.5" - 4.5" (3.8 - 11.4 cm)
- Hour Meter: Optional
- Length: 71.8" / 182.4 cm
- Seat: 15" (38 cm) Standard
- Steering Controls: Dual Wrap Around Levers
- Tires: 11" x 4" (25.4 cm x 10.2 cm) Front, 18" x 7.5" (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) Rear
- Tool Box: Standard
- Transmission: Dual Hydrostatic HG-ZT2100
- Washout Port: Standard
- Warranty: 3-Year Unlimited Hours
- Width: 45.3" / 115 cm Deflector Up - 53.8" / 137 cm Deflector Down - Storage Dimensions (W x L x H) 45.3" x 71.8" x 37.3" (115 cm x 182 cm x 95 cm)
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 18 hp
- Engine Type
- V-Twin CARB compliant
- Dual Hydrostatic HG-ZT2100
- Wheel Size
- Front: 11 in. x 4 in. (25.4 cm x 10.2 cm); Rear: 18 in. x 7.5 in. (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 42 in. (107 cm)